“Pride is a very common failing, I believe. By all that I have ever read, I am convinced that it is very common indeed, that human nature is particularly prone to it, and that there are very few of us who do not cherish a feeling of self-complacency on the score of some quality or other, real or imaginary. Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously. A person may be proud without being vain. Pride relates to our opinion of ourselves, vanity to what would have others think of us.”
Other Crazy Ideas: If Meet Joe Black were a korean drama; If In Time were a korean movie and If House of Cards were a japanese drama; If The Fault In Our Stars were a korean or chinese movie.
The story is based on Jane Austen’s novel about five sisters – Jane, Elizabeth, Mary, Kitty and Lydia Bennet – in Georgian England. Their lives are turned upside down when a wealthy young man (Mr. Bingley) and his best friend (Mr. Darcy) arrive in their neighborhood. (IMDb)
- Keira Knightley- Elisabeth Bennet
I could easily forgive his pride, if he had not mortified mine.
- Matthew Macfadyen- Mr. Darcy
My good opinion once lost is lost forever.
- Rosamund Pike- Jane Bennet
One of these days, Lizzy, someone will catch your eye and then you’ll have to watch your tongue.
- Talulah Riley- Mary Bennet
What are men compared to rocks and mountains?
- Jena Malone- Lydia Bennet
Have you seen any pleasant men? Have you had any flirting? I was in great hopes that one of you would have got a husband before you came back. Jane will be quite an old maid soon, I declare. She is almost three-and-twenty! Lord, how ashamed I should be of not being married before three- and-twenty!
- Carey Mulligan- Kitty Bennet
I am not going to run away, Papa, if I should ever go to Brighton, I will behave better than Lydia
- Donald Sutherland- Mr. Bennet
If any young men come for Mary or Kitty, send them in, for I am quite as leisure.
- Brenda Blethyn- Mrs. Bennet
Oh! Single, my dear, to be sure! A single man of large fortune; four or five thousand a year. What a fine thing for our girls!
- Judi Dench- Lady Catherine de Bourgh
Miss Bennet I am shocked and astonished. I expected to find a more reasonable young woman. But do not deceive yourself into a belief that I will ever recede. I shall not go away till you have given me the assurance I require.
- Simon Woods- Mr. Bingley
She is the most beautiful creature I have ever beheld. But her sister Elizabeth is very agreeable.
- Kelly Reilly- Caroline Bingley
I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! — When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.
- Tom Hollander- Mr. William Collins
My situation in life, my connections with the family of de Bourgh, and my relationship to your own, are circumstances highly in my favour; and you should take it into further consideration, that in spite of your manifold attractions, it is by no means certain that another offer of marriage may ever be made you. Your portion is unhappily so small that it will in all likelihood undo the effects of your loveliness and amiable qualifications. As I must therefore conclude that you are not serious in your rejection of me, I shall choose to attribute it to your wish of increasing my love by suspense, according to the usual practice of elegant females.
- Claudie Blakley- Charlotte Lucas
In nine cases out of ten a woman had better show more affection than she feels.
- Rupert Friend- Mr George Wickham
- Tamzin Merchant- Georgiana Darcy
Pride and Prejudice was directed Joe Wright and produced by Tim Bevan, Eric Fellner and Paul Webster
- Original writers: Deborah Moggach (based on Pride and Prejudice written by Jane Austen)
- Running time: 127 minutes
- Distributed by: Focus Features (USA); Universal Pictures (international)
- Original music: Dario Marianelli (Piano performed by Jean Yves Thibaudet)
- Elisabeth Bennet: Go Jun Hee, Shin Min Ah, Yoona
- Mr. Darcy: Lee Sang Yoon, Lee Hee Joon, Shin Sung Rok
- Jane Bennet: Seo Ji- Hye; Lee Da Hee
- Mary Bennet: Kim Seul-Gi
- Lydia Bennet: Lee Sung Kyung
- Kitty Bennet: Sulli
- Mr. Bennet: Jung Won Joong
- Mrs. Bennet: Na Kyung Joo, Choi Hwa Jung
- Lady Catherine de Bourgh: Jin Hee Kyung
- Mr. Bingley: Namgung Min
- Caroline Bingley: Shin So Yul, Park Jung Ah
- Mr. William Collins: Jo Hee Bong
- Charlotte Lucas: Ha Eun Seol
- Mr George Wickham: Seo Kang Joon
- Georgiana Darcy- Kim So Hyun
- Director: Kim Kyu Tae; Lee Jung-Hyo; Jo Soo Won
- Writer: Kim Woon Gyung (Yoona’s street) or Yoon Eun-Kyung and Km Eun-Hee (Prim minister and I, Winter Sonata, The Snow Queen)
- Duration: 30 episodes
- Network: tvn or Jtbc
- OST: Fly To The Sky- Sea of love; Yoon Do Hyun-가을 우체국 앞에서 (2014 Ver.); Taetiseo- Adrenaline;
Pingback: Saturdays with more Crazy Ideas: If Gone girl were a korean movie | Aigoo! Dramas!